5.30.2011

Pattern: Grayson

The pattern for Grayson is now available as a free PDF download on Ravelry!

As I mentioned before, the pattern includes instructions for three different versions--the long cowl you see here, a shorter version, and a scarf! All three are quite similar, the main difference is in the length and finishing. The pattern is suitable for intermediate beginners, since it's worked entirely in garter stitch. However, the technique for casting stitches on along the sideways edge can be a little difficult to wrap your brain around! Check out Lee Meredith's awesome tutorial on it if you need a little extra help. 

I'll admit it, I have a little bit of an addiction to garter stitch. I love how the stripes look, and there are so many different possible color combinations in Palette! Immediately after finishing this one, I cast on another in bright summery orange & green, colors that I think will give the finished cowl an almost tribal feel. Mmm. 

And that's that! As always, feel free to send me any questions or comments. 
Happy knitting! ♥

2 comments:

  1. I really love this new pattern of yours and will definitely add it to my que. Hope you'll post a photo of your summer colors version soon.

    ReplyDelete