6.18.2014

Doing a 180 (or, WIP Wednesday)

You've probably never wondered why I started designing my own knitting patterns, but I'm here to tell you anyway. The answer, you see, is quite simple: I'm a picky knitter. No, wait, I'm a very picky knitter. Obnoxiously so.

What that means is that I will sit down with some yarn, and know exactly what I want to make with it.

Down to every last detail.

And then, because I am also lazy and would rather pay someone else to do the work for me, I will spend hours on Ravelry looking for exactly what I want in pattern form. This often leads to light swearing, especially when my browser crashes while I have fifty Ravelry tabs open. 

Eventually, I get frustrated, give up, and start knitting. A new pattern is born. 

All because I'm just so dang picky.

--

Now, what you have to understand is, after I wrote my last blog post, what I thought was hot weather in Atlanta (70s-80s) became HOT weather in Atlanta (80s-90s). And every time I opened my mouth to complain about it, someone told me, "oh, just you wait." So I started getting a little worried.

I mean, come on guys, I'm from Ohio! It's only June! If this is June, what about August?

And then I started rethinking my statements about seasonally-appropriate knitting. And then my lovely housemate brought me home four skeins of vintage-y (early 1990's, maybe?) thick & thin cotton fingering-weight from the thrift store where she works. So I caved. 

--

I started looking for the perfect pattern, and never quite found it. 

But the WIP (oh, hey, I'm actually doing a Work-In-Progress Wednesday! yes!) is currently on my needles. Trucking along happily. And, if I'm lucky, may actually become my first published garment pattern. But first I have to finish knitting it -- without getting too much sweat on the needles.

--

In the meantime, here's my mini inspiration board of what I've got going through my head for this sassy little design...





What are you working on this week??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment