12.29.2010

The Aftermath

My Christmas was beautiful,
a crazy mix of coffee and family and presents and snow and everything else Christmasy and perfect. Joshua's brother came home on leave from the Marine Corp just in time for Boxing Day--and got engaged to boot. I think it's just lovely that the family I get to marry into is growing in other ways as well! Joshua & I got our fair share of solitary magic in amidst the general hubbub, and I think we've decided that The Holiday is our official Christmas movie--it's perfectly cute & funny.

We didn't, however, get to our gingerbread house making project.
If not soon, I suppose it can get put away for next year.

Speaking of next year...
Everything is starting to come together for us to begin a life together as a married couple in 2011! We've been going around and looking at lots of little apartments & duplexes, and we fell in love with this little place in a quiet neighbourhood. We get to go tour it again on Sunday, and then hopefully we can start moving our stuff in by the end of January at the very latest. And then we're going to have a darling teeny tiny wedding at this gorgeous little bed & breakfast on a lake. 
Ooh la la, n'cest pas?


My knitting, poor thing, has been lying neglected in a basket by my bed for an unforgivably long amount of time. I'm going to have to make up to it somehow.


2010 has been a wonderful year. 
Here's hoping you all agree, and best wishes for the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment