2.10.2011

Pattern: Fantastic Mr Fox

set-6 061
February is a hard month, and this one's been especially hard on a lot of people here in the US. Sometimes you just need a little pick-me-up, something to make you feel fierce inside. Something to throw on and cheer you up and remind you that you're fantastic! This little fox hat is ready to add that touch of whimsy to your winter wardrobe, and keep you warm all the while.

This is a pretty quick knit, but do be aware that you'll need to do pick up some stitches and sew some seams, 'cause that's what gives the ears their foxy fox shape. If you're an advanced beginner and ready to try it out--I say go for it! Just be ready and have some chocolate handy. I really hate seaming, so that's my solution! 
Keep smiling, loves. Spring is almost here...

...But, until then it's pattern time!

set-6 067
Needle size: US 10, 4 DPNs
Yarns: Lion Brand Homespun for MC and CC, Sensations Dolcetto for ear lining 
(You'll need less than one skein of each!)
Gauge: 6 stitches & 8 rows in 2 sq inches of stockinette in LB Homespun
Notions: Yarn needle

You can find more photos & fun on the Ravelry page!
set-6 026

14 comments:

  1. Wow my little girl would love this hat pattern! When I'm better at knitting will give it a go and adapt to a smaller size ( my little girl is only three ).

    I'm with you on the sewing seams, hoping I will get better with practise.

    From a northern lancashire lass in England :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely :) I can't wait to try it out - everyone needs a feel good accessory, mine is currently a pair of fairy wings to wear when I walk my dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hat is amazing. Everyone will want one. Thanks for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this hat. Do you mind if I alter it a little? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooks, anyone is welcome to make any modifications they like to any of my patterns, as long as you don't try to publish the result as a pattern of your own! :)
    However, you are of course welcome to share the mods you made on a Ravelry project page that links back to my original pattern.

    I hope that makes sense. I always feel weird talking about 'copyright' issues, because I take my ownership of my patterns seriously, but at the same time I don't want to discourage anyone else's creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to try making different sizes of the hat. I love math so this something I'm good at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just knit up 2 of these for my kids -- they love being magic foxes and don't really need any costumes for it, but halloween is coming up. thanks so much for the pattern. it was so clear and quick, and the hat is by far the awesomest thing i've knit since i started knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. can i knit this in the round with "circular" needles???? since the pattern calls for knitting in he round with DPNS :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an adorable pattern! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What color did you use for the homespun MC?

    ReplyDelete